Go on a Girls Weekend Getaway to the Gulf Shore
Did someone say, “Roll Tide!?” If you’re looking for a turquoise-water and sugar-sand beach that’s a little more accessible than Santorini—please tell me who isn’t—consider one of the country’s best kept secrets: Orange Beach, Alabama. This Gulf Shores destination comes with tropical vibes and plenty of opportunities to adventure, making it an amazing My Girlfriendships spot!
Where to Stay:
- Perdido Beach Resort has rental condominiums that house up to eight people in two- to four-bedroom furnished suites located within walking distance of the beach. Many rooms offer courtyard or gulf views and select suites feature outdoor balconies to make your pictures extra Insta-worthy.
- Caribe The Resort is a sprawling resort on the waterfront. It features three large swimming pools with water slides, fountains, several hot tubs, and a 980-foot lazy river for rooftop floating. Vacation rentals include up to four bedrooms for accommodating a large group of girlfriends.
- Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach Beachfront offers guests private beach access near popular attractions.The hotel features a fitness center, indoor and outdoor heated pools and hot tubs, and a seasonal poolside Tiki bar.
What to Do:
- Get out on the water. There are several options for charter boats, kayak rentals, and parasailing. The gulf is also a great place for dolphin watching, snorkeling, and sunset cruises.
- Take a pottery or glass blowing class. If you need a break from the sun and sand, take your girlfriends to one of the many awesome classes offered at the Coastal Arts Center in Orange Beach! Flex your creativity and make a unique souvenir to commemorate the trip.
- Check out the nightlife. Local favorites include Flora-Bama, The Hangout, and Live Bait. You’ll be sure to hear some amazing live music get a taste of the authentic gulf culture. If you’re looking for something a little more low key, check out the Sunset Cork Wine Room and Big Beach Brewing Company. Big Beach has a great outdoor space when the weather is right.
Or if you just want to stay in and show your girlfriends some love by preparing your own meal, check out Let’s Eat for the Gulf shores signature cocktail, Alabama Bushwacker and our Gulf Shrimp and Grits recipe.