Get Together With Your Girlfriends in Chicago & Geneva
Chicago! Amazing skyline, bold architecture, world-class restaurants, renowned museums...it’s a no-brainer for your girl’s trip. True, it’s the third largest city in the US, but it is so easy to get to, so easy to navigate—I’ve always had an absolutely fabulous experience in the ‘Windy City”. Shoot, I hope so, I lived there for 14 years.
Or maybe you’ve been to Chicago and are looking for something a little different. Why not check out Geneva? It’s just 37 miles west of Chicago, and it’s a beautiful, scenic city located along the Fox River. Downtown Geneva has gorgeous historical architecture, unique stores and plenty of specialty restaurants to take in with your besties. Super fun shopping!
Here are some ideas for what to do and where to stay if you’re planning a weekend in Chicago or Geneva.
What to Do
- Architectural River Cruise, Chicago | This is Chicago’s #1 tour according to TripAdvisor’s Hall of Fame. It’s a relaxing, 90 minute excursion right through the heart of the city where knowledgeable guides share fascinating stories about the buildings that surround you. Even if your group typically doesn’t go for the “touristy” stuff, this is worth your time. It’s an amazing experience where you’ll see Chicago from an entirely different perspective.
- Yamato Foot Massage & Bar, Chicago | How does a massage sound? Pretty amazing, right? How about a massage, with your girlfriends and a cocktail? Even more amazing! You have to try this unique approach to relaxation. At Yamato in Chicago you can choose from five different massages and twenty different drinks! It’s a beautiful place to gather and relax.
- Scentcerely Yours, Geneva | You and your girlfriends are going to love Scentcerely Yours! Here you can create your own fragrance by choosing from their unique array of more than 100 scents. Once you create one that is all yours, you can add it to a product like a reed diffuser, a body mist, a lotion, or even a candle. They supply the tools and you and your besties create the magic. They even say “BYOB” if you would like to sip a glass of wine while you explore scents.
- Grow Geneva, Geneva | Grow Geneva is a modern, woman-owned plant shop like you’ve never experienced. The shop is gorgeous. Walking into it makes you feel like you’re in a small rainforest. It’s not only a fabulous spot to purchase a cute, new plant but it’s the greatest spot in Illinois to breathe in the fresh air. This might be a good place to visit if you’re there in the depths of winter! But no matter when you visit, Grow Geneva will make you feel happy inside.
Where to Stay
- The Langham, Chicago | The Langham is the #1 hotel in Chicago, according to U.S. News and World Report, given a Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor...and a five heart rating by me! It has everything you and your gals could want or need for a getaway. This five star hotel has floor-to-ceiling windows in every suite, giving you majestic cityscape views, and in the perfect location—just minutes from the Loop, Grant Park, and Navy Pier.
- Home Designed By Frank Lloyd Wright, Chicago | This amazing Airbandb is a three bedroom architectural treasure! It’s one of only a few of the Wright houses that visitors are welcome to stay in. The home is meticulously managed and beautifully arranged where every room has a balcony. Lake Michigan is only a block away, too!
- The Herrington Inn and Spa, Geneva | The Herrington Inn and Spa is an intimate and elegant boutique hotel that overlooks the Fox River. It boasts beautiful, European-style architecture and superb accommodations. The hotel also features a daily European Continental breakfast, and a “cookies and milk” service in the evening! Not only is The Herrington a wonderful place to stay, but it’s also a perfect place to relax..
- Saint Geneva, Geneva | This Airbandb is in an ideal location, perfectly situated between Geneva and Saint Charles, right along the Fox River. The house is so cozy and it has plenty of beautiful views for you and your girls to enjoy together. They also offer access to two kayaks which you can take to the launch that is just a couple of blocks away. This 125 year old home is a great spot to recoup after your day exploring.