Girlfriends Gobbling Thanksgiving Goodies and More!
This week we look forward to the scent of Thanksgiving: roasting turkey, baking homemade breads, and that favorite dessert—pumpkin pie. I love Thanksgiving because it’s all about food, family, football, and FRIENDS! The times we break bread with friends, can be less dramatic than when we’re with family-if ya know what I mean. I love this recipe. It has a few twists that are guaranteed to please your Friendsgiving crowd!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients for 8 | Multiply by degree of hunger, divide by number of girlfriends!
Total bake time:
- 2 cups finely crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream, optional
Prepare the crust.
In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, flour and butter; press into an ungreased 9 inch, deep-dish pie plate.
Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the filling. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Beat in the pumpkin, flour, milk and spices.
Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over-browning if necessary.
Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- The All Chocolate Kitchen, Geneva | Downtown Geneva is where I’m going. After an impressive, accomplished career, award-winning Chef Alain Roby (he holds three Guinness World Records) opened this delightful spot in 2011.
Known for his sweet creations, no matter the time of day you and your girlfriends go, there is a menu for all. On Sunday Funday, the expansive brunch includes a large selection of omelettes, served with roasted potatoes, warm out of the oven homemade rolls, and a side of fresh tomatoes. Appropriately, for those with a sweeter palate, there is a selection of sweet breakfast French crepes and homemade Belgian waffles!
- RPM Steakhouse, Chicago | Remember back on January 8, 2004, when a new television show concept debuted as “The Apprentice?” I confess, as a small business owner, I watched every episode that year to see how the contestants would manage different scenarios in business. The ultimate winner was Bill Rancic. Well, he and his wife Guiliana Rancic, are part owners of this incredible restaurant.
Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, RPM Steakhouse is an updated take on the classic steakhouse and features nearly two dozen different cuts of beef sourced from the finest butchers across the globe. Besides the amazing choices of steaks, there is the cold bar featuring a variety of seafood as well as salads that can serve as a meal. Whatever you do, order the house made Gruyere Popovers with Rosemary Butter. To be honest, I could probably stuff myself with those!
Accomplished Celebrity Chef Alain Roby https://allchocolatekitchen.com/menu_creations/sunday-brunch/