Soak in That Small-Town Feel in Ohio!
Are you and your girlfriends rocker babes? If so, you must add Ohio to your list of girls weekend destinations. Not only is Ohio considered the heart of the nation, it’s designated as the birthplace of rock and roll! This week I’m recommending two great spots in the 17th state to join the Union: Cleveland and Geneva-on-the-Lake.
Do you dig rock and roll music? If so, Cleveland has the world’s only Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, making it a must-see. It’s located on the south shore of Lake Erie, and although it’s the second largest city in Ohio, it still has a small-town feel.
What to Do in Cleveland
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame | The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is seven floors of exhibits, films and music—it’s like being front-row at a massive concert! You and your girlfriends will love wandering through and reminiscing on the past 30 of rock and roll. As 1990 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band The Who proclaim, “Long live rock”! This is a Cleveland must-do.
- The Beauty Room | The Beauty Room is Cleveland’s first finishing salon. They offer all the usual pampering services, including a blow dry bar, massage, and nails, making it a wonderful spot to unwind. The Beauty Room is special because their services are completely tailored to you and your needs, and offer a first-class experience that you and your girlfriends all deserve.
Where to Stay in Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency at The Arcade | This hotel was built in 1890, making it a historic landmark, yet it has beautiful, modern decor and vaulted ceilings in every suite. I recommend it because It’s steps from East Fourth Street Entertainment District. But, if you and your besties want to stay in, the hotel has a spa, a fitness center, and a couple of restaurants to choose from. The Hyatt Regency is a great spot to spend a weekend in Cleveland.
- Beautiful Cleveland Heights House | If you and your group prefer the Airbnb experience, here’s a good one. This large home is in a quaint and quiet neighborhood not far from Cleveland’s main attractions. Four bedrooms, six beds, and 1.5 baths, it can host up to eleven girlfriends. If you visit during the spring or summer, there is a large patio to enjoy the sunshine too!
One hour northeast of Cleveland is the tiny village (about 1,200 people) called Geneva-On-The-Lake. Breathtaking views and a small-town feel makes it another must-see in Ohio. Here are a few recommendations on excursions.
What to Do in Geneva-on-the-Lake
- Lake Erie Canopy Tours | There is no better way to get a beautiful birds-eye-view of Lake Erie than by being strapped into a zipline, flying 60 feet up in the treetops at 30 mph. You can even go handsfree (see below), allowing you to take Insta-worthy photos of you and your brave besties!
- Geneva State Park | This is a gorgeous spot to visit. You and your girls have a clean, quiet beach for strolling, jet ski rentals for zooming, and hiking trails for trekking! This is the best spot to get into nature and enjoy some fun in the trees, the water, and the sand.
Where to Stay in Geneva-on-the-Lake
- The Lodge | What a beautiful location! The charm and quality of the Lodge plus the expansive views of Lake Eerie make it ideal. The Lodge will absolutely deliver memories for you and your girlfriends as you rent bikes, ride the wine shuttle or take a dip in the pool. There is so much to do onsite, that you may not even want to leave the resort!
- Lake Road Airbnb | This Airbnb is fantastic! It’s close to the lake, has three king beds, beautiful hardwood floors and a wraparound porch. Outdoors you have a huge bonfire pit to enjoy some s’mores and your favorite beverage…how fun! Did I mention it's close to the lake?The Airbnb host is a “superhost” so you can be at ease knowing you are staying with the best of the best!
You must add Ohio to the list of places you and your girlfriends must go!