Meet Me on the Beach or at the Casino in Mississippi
My Girlfriendships® finishes up its Gulf Coast exploration with Mississippi, a state with the river for which it was named to its west and the Gulf of Mexico to its south. Known as the birthplace of blues music, it’s also renowned for its magnolias, catfish, and southern charm. Mississippi has many wonderful spots, and this week we’re highlighting Biloxi and Gulfport as two great get-aways for you and your girlfriends.
Beaches and casinos rule in this Gulf city. Read on!
What to Do
- Biloxi Lighthouse | Part past—it was built in 1848, and part present— you can watch its live feed on YouTube, this 64 feet structure is a wonderful spot to take in the gorgeous ocean view. Though Hurricane Katrina took its toll in 2005, it was rebuilt, repaired and re-opened in 2010. It’s ready for you and your girlfriends in 2021!
- Coastal Mississippi Mardi Gras Museum | This museum is a tribute to the holiday that plays such an important role in the life of the Gulf Coast: Mardi Gras. The museum itself is fairly small, but jam-packed with sequins and excitement. There are impressive costume displays, informational placards about Mardi Gras, and a cute gift shop. You and your gals will love this unique experience!
Where to Stay
- Beau Rivage Casino Resort | This resort is the whole package: great lodging plus dining, gaming, pool, spa, and shopping. Oh! Then there’s the charter boat fishing experiences, big-name nighttime entertainment, and access to 19 championship golf courses. You’ll never run out of things to do here! You and your girlfriends will love this lavish stay.
- Great House with Water View | This Airbnb is a cute and quaint home in a very secluded location. It has a beautiful water view, a huge yard, and very chic, modern amenities. There is plenty of natural light inside, and a small table and chairs on the outside patio for morning coffee. If you have any fisherwomen in your group, this stay is a great spot for fishing! Bring your gear and maybe a bottle of wine too. You will really enjoy this Airbnb.
About a 25 minute drive west is another beautiful coastal city, the more relaxed vibe of Gulfport.
What to Do
- Gulfport Premium Outlet | The Gulfport Premium Outlets have more than 70 luxury stores where bargain hunters will enjoy up to 65% off the retail cost! Known as the Gulf Coast’s premier outdoor shopping destination, shoppers in your friend group will absolutely love it here! Once you all shop ‘til you drop, you should visit the indoor food court with eight different restaurant options.
- Chandeleur Island Brewing Company | The Chandeleur Island Brewing Company is named after the 50 miles of uninhabited islands along the state’s coast. Said to have the best beer on the Gulf, this brewing company is unique and laid back. Stop by, grab a beer in the comfy taproom, and interact with the knowledgeable bartenders!
Where to Stay
- Island View Casino Resort | The Island View Casino resort has two hotels, Beach View and Island View. Beach view offers just that— a fantastic beach view, quaint suites, and a smoke-free environment. Island view is filled with all the gaming, amenities, and dining you can think of. They also have free, live entertainment every Friday and Saturday. You and your girlfriends can plan a fantastic evening of dinner, drinks, slots, and live music here!
- Legacy Villa Condo | Check out this Airbnb! The space is very comfortable and feels much like a home away from home. It’s close to plenty of restaurants and shopping plus it offers two pools, a hot tub, a fitness center, and many walking paths. Another plus is that the villa is a short walk to the beach. You’ll love the ambiance here!