Let’s Have Some Fun in the Florida Sun
When I think of Florida, I think beaches. Florida is home to the longest coastline in the United States. This beautiful tropical land is also known as “The Sunshine State” so there is no better place to lounge on the beach. And lastly, it’s the southeastern most state too. The best part about Florida is - no matter where you are, you are always less than 60 miles from a beach. You and your girlfriends will bond over sunbathing and relaxing here.
What to Do
- Sloppy Joe’s | Sloppy Joe’s is a Key West tradition. Sloppy Joe’s opened in 1933, one day after Prohibition ended. They have hosted millions of visitors since then. Sloppy Joe’s is a full restaurant and bar but the live music and dancing is what you really won’t want to miss. There is a different live performer every night and the dancing starts whenever it gets dark. You and your girlfriends do not want to miss the chance to sing, dance and have a really good time together.
- Sunset Sail, Key West | Sunset Sail in Key West offers private and shared chartered sailing trips. They are rated 4.89 out of 5 on TripAdvisor too. There are plenty of trips to pick from but I recommend a private, sunset sail. Up to twelve girlfriends can come on the private sail. On this sail you and your gals will sail around Key West as the gorgeous sunset begins. It is a really fun way to end the day and a part of your trip that will be very memorable.
Where to Stay
- Casa Marina Resort | Casa Marina Resort is full of luxury and ambiance. It is the ultimate resort for relaxation. Casa Marina is nestled along the southern edge of Key West. They have more than 1,100 feet of beach reserved exclusively for resort guests too. You can lounge by the ocean-front pool, stroll the beach or enjoy a massage under the palm trees. The location is wonderful. The resort is steps away from Duval Street which is the heart of entertainment in Key West. Casa Marina is an elegant and refreshing stay that you and your girlfriends will thoroughly enjoy.
- Private Beach House Resort Oasis, Key West | This Airbnb is wonderfully, welcoming space. It is private and it is on the beachfront. There is a beautiful screened-in porch to sip coffee together in the mornings, breathtaking water views and a lush landscape of palm trees and tropical flowers. Guests are also welcome to use the shared lagoon pool or spa hot tub. You and your gals will have an amazing time together here.
Where to Stay
- Pointe Santo, Sanibel Island | Pointe Santo is a gorgeous Airbnb with a private sundeck that overlooks the gulf. The condo boasts a private lanai as well. The beach is right out the door and guests have access to a shared pool and tennis courts too. This Airbnb is situated on the East-end of Sanibel Island, right on the beach. You will never run out of things to do at Pointe Santo and Sanibel Island.
- Sundial Beach Resort, Sanibel Island | Sundial Beach Resort is a unique, tropical destination. At the hotel there are restaurants and shops to explore, along with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. The resort boasts multiple pools, state-of-art tennis facilities, a fitness center and miles of sandy beach. This stay is full of comfort and amenities. You and your girlfriends will be very well taken care of at the Sundial Beach Resort.
What to Do
- Sanibel Lighthouse, Sanibel Island | This is one of the very best places to visit on Sanibel Island. It is located on the East end and it takes over the entire tip of the island. It is best to arrive here early as parking spots will be filled quickly by beachgoers. The lighthouse itself is a beautiful phenomenon, but there is much activity going on too. While taking in the lighthouse, you and your gals can shell hunt on the beach, get a tan in the sun or even see a dolphin.
- Sanibel Island Farmer’s Market, Sanibel Island | The Sanibel Island Farmer’s Market runs from 8 AM to 1 PM every Sunday from October to May. There are over 40 vendors selling local produce, baked goods, live plants, fresh seafood, cheese, pasta, meats and more. It is a wonderful way to support the island’s locals. You and your girlfriends will enjoy the vendors, the sunshine and the people.