Let’s Get Away to West Virginia Together
Let’s go to West Virginia! There’s so much to explore there—which must be why tourism is their #1 industry! Nestled in the Appalachian, Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern regions, it’s the northernmost southern state, and the southernmost northern state. Rolling mountains, hills, and valleys throughout, gives it the nickname of The Mountain State. You and your girls will love this getaway. Here are two great cities to check out, Charleston and Berkeley Springs.
What to Do
- The Folded Leaf | The Folded Leaf is a beautiful yoga and wellness center located right there in the capital city. Here you and your group can experience all different levels of yoga classes, and even have the option to schedule private classes. What an amazing way to enjoy time with your girlfriends—just your group and a private instructor! The Folded Leaf also offers massage, reiki healing, and shopping at their cute attached boutique. As their tag line states, Peace, Love and Yoga!
- Capitol Market | The Capitol Market is a vibrant, year-round place to shop in downtown Charleston. It’s tucked away in a train station, and resembles a huge farmers market. There are a variety of goodies to shop for—from farm fresh goodness to specialty shops. The Capitol Market has it all. You and your girlfriends can spend the day snacking on all the vendor’s samples as you pick up ingredients to cook a great dinner at your Airbnb!
Where to Stay
- Brass Pineapple Inn | The Brass Pineapple is elegant and cozy. It’s in Charleston’s quiet, historic district and is only half a block from the capitol building There is a full breakfast served each morning, plus an afternoon tea with desserts. Outside of the Inn, there are two gorgeous, 100-year old oak trees surrounded by flowers. You and your girlfriends will appreciate this comfortable and historic hotel.
- The Guest House on Blackberry Farm Lane | This Airbnb is family-owned, very comfortable, and close to downtown—it’s just a 10 minute drive. The home has four bedrooms and ten beds, giving your group plenty of room. You’ll love how home-y it feels. There is a deck to sip coffee, plenty of backyard, and a gorgeous garden. You’ll love staying on BlackBerry Farm Lane.
Ever been to Berkeley Springs? It's waaay up in the northern part of WV, about 27 miles from the PA state line. Called “America’s first spa”, it sounds like it’s ideal for girl time!
What to Do
- Prospect Peak | What’s that saying? “A picture is worth a thousand words”? So true. Click the link and you’ll see why National Geographic magazine rated it as one of America’s Outstanding Beauty Spots, and claims it is one of the five best views in the East.
- Berkeley Springs State Park | This state park is located right in the center of historic Berkeley Springs. It’s famous for its warm, spring water that flows at a constant temperature of 74.3°F. You can swim in the warm water, and go to one of the bathhouses for a wide variety of spa services. Your group could soak and relax all day long.
Where to Stay
- The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs | This place oozes historic charm and comfort. There are 70 suites, a spa, exercise room, gift shop, art gallery, and two restaurants on the property making it ideal for a complete girl’s getaway. You only need to bring your friends to make it a really unique stay that you’ll love.
- Castle View Quarters | This Airbnb is a rustic, cozy cabin. There are big, bright windows where you can admire the wooded views, and a wonderful covered porch for relaxing. The Castle View has a beautiful stone path down the backside of the home that leads to Berkeley’s famous hot springs. The cabin is fully equipped with all the amenities you could think of. You and your girlfriends will love this cabin stay.