Grab Your Girlfriends and Let’s Have Fun in Pennsylvania!
This week My Girlfriendships® ventures to Pennsylvania, a historic state (think Gettysburg Address, Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution) that offers the best of today with professional sports, arts, culture and great food. This juxtaposition makes PA an ideal location for your next girlfriendships® getaway!
What’s your vibe? Endless nightlife and entertainment options? Let’s go to Philly. Outdoor, history and small-town feel? Hawley is the place to go.
What to Do in Philadelphia
Some friends are like family. What better city to visit with girlfriends who are like sisters than Philadelphia, the City of Sisterly Affection?!
- Hornblower Cruises and Events | Climb aboard and let the experts of Hornblower Cruises and Events help you make some memories. Whether you and your besties choose a cruise for dinner, lunch, cocktails, or even bingo, the 2-4 hours on the Delaware River will not disappoint. You’ll see amazing skyline views, hear great tunes courtesy of the onboard DJ, savor the delicious food and sip on your favorite cocktails. Perfection!
- Howl at the Moon | True, you can find a Howl at the Moon in several U.S. cities, but Philly’s location is worth the visit. It’s a super high energy spot with live music from talented musicians playing all genres. 80’s rock? Yep. 90’s pop? Sure thing. Today’s dance hits? Absolutely. It’s part-concert, part-lounge; the best of both worlds! Whether or not you’re celebrating, this place is a party!
Where to Stay in Philadelphia
- Warwick Rittenhouse Hotel | This beautiful hotel is in the perfect location in the center of downtown Philly. It boasts sophisticated design, deluxe amenities, and extra comfort. There are a variety of rooms and suites to choose from, but if you’re staying with a group, the suites may be extra fun as they offer a living room, dining room and kitchen. Highly recommended.
- Home away from Home | Three large, beautiful bedrooms. Private, fenced-in yard. Walk score of 99. Nearby fine dining and shopping options...the list could go on. Let me just say that you and your friends will love the homey feel of this 100 year old historic beauty for your next getaway.
Feeling a bit of been-there-done-that for a city-type destination? Then check out Hawley, a great year-round destination about a 2.5 hour drive north of Philly.
What to Do in Hawley
- Lake Wallenpaupack | It’s a man-made lake that covers 5,700 acres (that’s roughly 9 square miles) and bursting with so many things to do. Whether you want to lie in the sand and enjoy the sun, shop for souvenirs, or rent water equipment, you and your girlfriends will have a blast. Best of all, everyone will be satisfied!
- Hawley BikeShare | Hawley BikeShare is a community-based bike share program where you can borrow a bike at no charge to you. The bikes are available throughout the town, and come equipped with a helmet, lock, and a removable basket. This is a wonderful option to get moving and enjoy the outdoors with your girlfriends in a really fun way!
Where to Stay in Hawley
- Silver Birches Resort | What a beautiful spot. The resort offers luxurious amenities, a pool with lakefront activities, and in-room massages. It’s such a cozy environment no matter which type of lodging you and your besties want— guest room, bunkhouse, cottage, or house. You will be happy you chose to stay at Silver Birches!
- Cozy Cottage On Lake Wallenpaupack, Tafton | In the nearby town of Tafton is this wonderful Airbnb getaway for you and your gals! It has gorgeous lake views all around and a huge yard to enjoy. There’s a fire pit to roast s’mores, a dock to swim from and the use of a boat slip is available if you rent a boat or Jet ski. It is a cute spot in a really convenient location.