Get Moving With The Gals In Utah
Utah is a beautiful destination for a getaway all year round. If your girls weekend is planned for the winter, try Park City. It has some of the United States’ best mountains for snow sports which makes it a fabulous place for a ski getaway with your girlfriends!
Girls getaway in the warmer months? I recommend Moab, located in southern Utah. This place is like an outdoor jungle gym for adults. Hiking, biking and rafting are just a few of the fun ways you and your friends can get moving and connect with each other!
What to Do
- Park City Mountain, Park City | With over 7,300 acres of skiable terrain, Park City Mountain is ideal for skiing with your girlfriends. No matter what their skill level, the mountain delivers with options for beginners, advanced, and those in-between. Each run has a particular rating so none of you will have to worry if you can hack it. Park City opens for the season this year on November 20th, 2020.
- PaddleBoard Yoga, Park City | Prefer a girls weekend in the warmer months? Utah still offers great adventures. Check this out. Dubbed the oldest yoga studio in the world, it’s the Homestead Crater’s Caribbean-blue waters. The crater’s therapeutic 95-degree, 65-foot deep pool of mineral water is the backdrop for your hour-long yoga session atop a paddleboard! This is a one of a kind experience you and the gals will really enjoy.
- Arches Fiery Furnace, Moab | Named because of the reddish glow it gives off at sunset, this is a remarkable, moderate level hiking trail. Wander on it by yourselves or arrange for a ranger-led tour of bridges and canyons that you will never forget!
- Dead Horse Point State Park, Moab | Moab is known for night skies like you’ve never seen before, so be sure your weekend agenda includes stargazing. It’s a truly amazing way to close out your day of girlfriendship adventures. Though there are a few dark-sky parks near Moab, Dead Horse Point is the best. Perched atop a high plateau, it offers 360 views. I guarantee you’ll be awestruck..
Where to Stay
- Washington School House Hotel, Park City | Washington School House is an award-winning boutique hotel named after George Washington. It’s a historic and luxurious twelve room space. The hotel features a heated pool in the hillside, a roaring fire 24/7 and a chic ski lounge! They also offer a daily “apres-ski” cocktail hour with drinks and spectacular charcuterie boards.
- Peaceful Villa with Loft & 2 Balconies, Park City | This four bedroom, two bathroom condo is minutes from the chairlift, and three minutes from the local bus stop that brings you right into town. This peaceful villa is the greatest space to come home to after a day on the mountain. There is ample space to relax, whip up a gourmet meal and take in mountain views together.
- Light & Bright Condo, Moab | This two bedroom and two bathroom condo is walking distance to town. The condo is located in a very quiet development, and is perfect for relaxing. If you are in Utah during the warmer months, the pool area is a great place to organize and enjoy your own little happy hour with your girlfriends!
- Red Cliffs Lodge, Moab | Red Cliffs Lodge boasts rustic, Western decor with modern comforts. It’s located near the Colorado River, and it’s framed by beautiful cliffs. Inside your room, you’ll love how the vaulted ceilings and large windows showcase the spectacular outside views. If your group of girls loves Western decor, be sure to check out the Western-themed casual eatery at the Lodge, The Cowboy Grill!