Chill Out And Cheer Up in Picturesque Colorado
Colorado is not only delightful and charming, it’s rated by the DenverPost as the United States’ third happiest state. (With a perfect blend of beautiful mountains, crisp, fresh air, and the bright sunshine, it makes sense why everyone there is so happy!) Sounds ideal for your girls weekend, doesn’t it? If you and your girls are considering Colorado for your next getaway, Boulder or Aspen are ideal choices.
Boulder is a wonderful city to take in Colorado’s most breathtaking views of the FlatIrons or to explore the eccentric Pearl Street Mall.
What to Do in Boulder
- Chautauqua Park | Situated at the base of the Flatirons, the Park offers three entry points if a mountain hike is on your agenda. If you and your girls feel that’s too ambitious, there are five other hiking trail options, depending on your skill level.
Hiking not your vibe? Then how about a concert? Picnic? Shopping? Yoga? Tennis? Any of them are options!
No matter what you choose, you will always be surrounded by incredible views for those Insta posts.
- Pearl Street Mall| There is nothing average about this mall. For one thing, it’s outdoors; it’s an amazing street lined with fantastic restaurants, boho boutiques, tiny fitness studios, The Boulder Theater, name brand stores and many other spots you and your friends will love to meander. Warning: You’ll need some room in your suitcase for the goodies you will end up bringing home, so pack accordingly!
Where to Stay in Boulder
- Embassy Suites By Hilton | This modern hotel is close to everything you need for a good time in Boulder! It’s a half-mile from the University of Colorado campus, the Pearl Street Mall and Downtown. The hotel boasts amazing mountain views, delightful amenities and a big, beautiful pool! It also features a phenomenal restaurant called Brickstones which serves local, craft beer and American comfort food too. It’s perfect for you and your group of girls.
- Classic Home on University Hill | This four bedroom and four bathroom, recently-renovated Airbnb is simply gorgeous. It’s perfectly located right on University Hill, close to all things Boulder. The home has a “Roaring 20’s” theme, a cozy fireplace inside and a brand new gas fireplace in the backyard. There are bikes available too, which is perfect because Boulder is a bike-friendly city!
Aspen is another city of scenic retreat like Boulder, but it has a calmer vibe and more high-end shopping. Here are some suggestions for your Aspen girls weekend.
What to Do in Aspen
- Aspen Mountain | If skiing is on your schedule, Aspen Mountain is a beautiful spot to ski or board with a big group of gals. (It’s the same mountain that hosted the World Cup finals in 2017.) There are 675 acres of gorgeous, skiable terrain, and when you’re done, you’re steps away from downtown Aspen. This is a legendary spot to spend your entire day with a morning on the chairlift, lunch on the mountain, a full day of skiing and then a night out!
- Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride Through Ghost Town | This sleigh ride begins a couple miles outside of Aspen in a small, former mining town called Ashcroft. You will be provided warm blankets for the ride, but you should still bundle up. The sleigh ride will take you all the way to Pine Creek Cookhouse, a beautiful, remote log cabin where you and your girls can enjoy an organic and locally-sourced lunch or dinner.
Where to Stay in Aspen
- 981 King Street | Here’s a great Airbanb to spend the night after a day on Aspen Mountain. It has four bedrooms, three bathrooms and is four blocks from downtown. There is a private, outdoor space that’s great for hosting girlfriends. There is also a hot tub and a ton of parking space.
- Hotel Aspen | Hotel Aspen is a relaxing escape, and offers great value for your money. The rooms are homey and spacious (some suites have a private hot tub). There is a huge pool with an attached private courtyard. Hotel Aspen is a very comfortable spot to unwind together!
No matter which city or activity you choose, know that Colorado is a dream location for a girl’s mountain trip!