Join Us for a Special Time in South Carolina
If you know us at My Girlfriendships®, you know we’re suckers for sunshine and shorelines, spas and scenery. That’s why we’re loving this week’s girlfriendships® getaway to South Carolina. It has it all, and a lot of it! Some of us here are also country music fans, so we’re going to keep an eye out for Darius Rucker, the three-time Grammy award winner who makes his home about an hour from our two featured cities, Beaufort and Columbia.
Beaufort has been the backdrop to 16 different Hollywood movies (“Forrest Gump” ring a bell?), which should give you an inkling into the wonders that await you and your girlfriends. Some of us at My Girlfriendships are also suckers for history, so you’ll find at least two of us on the History and Movie golf cart tour. How about you?
Here are some other fun things you should add to your list:
What to Do
- Hunting Island State Park, Hunting Island | Hunting Island State Park is the state’s single-most popular park. There’s a vast array of land and marine wildlife, five miles of pristine beaches, and a saltwater lagoon. Once there, be sure to visit the Hunting Island State Park Lighthouse, the state’s only publicly accessible lighthouse. We think you’ll end up with a few (hundred) Insta-worthy pics to commemorate your adventure!
- Beaufort Paddle, Beaufort | Beaufort Paddle will show you exactly how scenic the small town of Beaufort is. We love that it’s located extremely close to downtown, is a small, family-owned business, and staffed by locals who’ve grown up in and around those waters. We can paddle and kayak carefree!
Where to Stay
- City Loft Hotel, Beaufort | City Loft Hotel is the first upscale, boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Beaufort. It has a distinctive urban feel in all 22 of their rooms. You and your group will experience gracious hospitality from all of the staff. It's more than just a hotel, it’s an integral part of the neighborhood. You’ll love the at-home feel of the City Loft.
- Historical Beaufort County Airbnb, Saint Helena Island | This Airbnb is a beautiful home in a private, gated community, just 20 minutes from the beach (YES!). The nature surrounding the home is quaint, scenic, and definitely worth exploring. The inside of the home is impeccably decorated. You and your girlfriends will appreciate the comfort of this Airbnb.
As we usually do, we’re recommending a stop in the capital city of our featured state. C’mon to Columbia!
What to Do
- Riverbanks Zoo & Garden, Columbia | This spot is an underrated gem, even though it was named as one of HGTV’s 20 great public gardens across America. You will absolutely love it here! Spectacular blooms, a mass of color, and an unusual plant structure or two.
Once you’ve “oohed” and “aahed” at the gardens, be sure to stop by the award-winning zoo, home to more than 2,000 animals from 350 species from around the world.
- Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa, Columbia | If you’re feeling any kind of stress or discomfort, Hand and Stone is the best place to go to get fixed up. They offer Swedish massage, deep-tissue massage, hot-stone massage and a variety of facials. You’ll feel refreshed and replenished no matter what! Bring a bottle of champagne to enjoy while you get pampered together for extra fun!
Where to Stay
- Graduate Hotel, Columbia | No, it wasn’t named after that “The Graduate”. This Graduate Hotel is just steps from the University of South Carolina’s scenic grounds with a mix of classic style and campus spirit. It’s a stay like you’ve never experienced before. The Graduate Hotel is a Southern retreat, amidst the hustle and bustle of Columbia. It’s beautiful and full of youth! You and your girls will love your time here.
- Simple Charm Cottage, Columbia | Perfect for you and five of your besties.The home is located in a quiet neighborhood, with fenced front and back yards. You’ll be extremely comfortable here with the fully-stocked kitchen, versatile furniture, and room to roam. Reviews praise the hosts for being extremely helpful too!
South Carolina. Sunshine and shorelines, spas and scenery. We hope we’ve convinced you to call/text your besties and start planning that trip. Just say these three words: “Let’s go, girlfriends!”