There are Wonderful Places to Discover In Washington
Washington is full of wonders! From mountains to forests to volcanoes, it offers so many ways to delight its visitors. If you’re planning your next girls weekend in Washington, Seattle might be at the top of your list (it is a popular city). But this week I want you and your girlfriends to know about two other sensational cities that are not as widely known: Bellevue and Walla Walla (I love saying that).
First, Bellevue, the quaint spot across Lake Washington. It’s about 12 miles from Seattle, and is known for its gorgeous nature and unique art. It also boasts 17 spas, 17 awe-inspiring day trips, 12 shopping options, 6 nightlife locations, 4 museums…. There are so many ways to make memories with your besties here. Here are two things to do:
What to Do in Bellevue
- Cinemark Reserve Lincoln Square | This place is a movie theatre with a kick! Sure, it has the usual movie-popcorn-candy-soda, but if you want to spice things up, their Dine-In Theatre serves delicious, chef-inspired appetizers and hand-crafted cocktails! The theatre also features Luxury Loungers which are their ultra-comfy, electric-powered recliners. This is a super fun spot to eat, drink, and enjoy a movie together!
- Yuan Spa | The staff at Yuan spa believe in optimal wellness encompassing the body, mind, and spirit. Here, you and your girlfriends can choose between a wide array of spa services like facials, massage therapy, body wraps, cupping therapy, gua-sha therapy...you could easily spend the entire day at this award-winning renewal experience!
Where to Stay in Bellevue
- Marriott W Bellevue | The W Bellevue is a luxury, boutique hotel in downtown where it’s close to tons of restaurants and shops. Its design was inspired by a weekender lake house so it has a modern and chic vibe. Add in the gorgeous lake views, The Living Room Bar, The Lakehouse and Civility and Unrest restaurants, and it becomes a cozy retreat if you and your girls decide you just want to stay put for the day or night.
- Spacious, Beautiful Home | This Airbnb is spacious and comfortable, with water views, a nice yard, and a large deck. It’s fully equipped for a night of cooking, watching movies or even playing pool! It’s approximately eight minutes from downtown Bellevue and a block away from Enatai Beach Park, making it a great place for you and your girls to stay.
About four hours southeast of Bellevue is Walla Walla (still love saying that), where you can get a little bit of everything: golf, museums, wineries, outdoor parks, shopping. See what I mean? Here are a couple of highlights to consider for your girls weekend:
What to Do in Walla Walla
- Gesa Power House Theatre (GPHT) | The GPHT is a historic and world-class performing arts theatre in downtown Walla Walla. It’s located inside a 120 year old building that was once a gas plant. That is, until 2011 when the interior was transformed into what is now a beautiful theatre! There are a variety of productions to choose from—comedy, music, festivals—making it (relatively) simple to decide on something that appeals to everyone in your group. No matter what you choose, you will undoubtedly enjoy it!
- Blue Mountain Balloons | I hope you aren’t afraid of heights, or at least if you are, you have someone in your girlfriends group who is willing to prop you up if your knees go weak! Why? Because if you’re in Walla Walla (it’s still fun to say), you have to go on a Blue Mountain hot air balloon ride. You and your girlfriends will get breath-taking views of the vineyards, wheatfields, and the historic downtown valley.
If you’re early risers, begin your flight just before sunrise. Want to sleep in? Choose the excursion that departs a couple hours before sunset. Either way, it’s an hour that will give you years of memories.
Where to Stay in Walla Walla
- The Barn B&B | The Barn is not your ordinary bed and breakfast! It’s a country inn and perfect wine country retreat. There are seven elegant suites to choose from, each with a view of the Blue Mountains, a private outdoor entrance, en-suite bathroom and a private zen garden. There is an outdoor, heated pool and hot tub as well! The Inn offers a glass of wine when you arrive, serves globally-inspired breakfasts each day, complimentary Thursday night dinners, and a bottle of Walla Walla wine in your suite!
- The Inn at Abeja | The Inn at Abeja is located in the foothills of the Blue Mountains. It’s a 38-acre site that includes the Inn and a winery for a one-of-a-kind experience! Every stay at the Inn includes a gourmet breakfast, a welcome glass of wine and an Abeja wine tasting by appointment. Your stay here will be a memorable one!
See why I said there are wonderful places to discover in Washington? No matter which city you decide on, Washington will not disappoint!