Get Your Best Gut Reaction with a Chicken & Peach Wrap
Wrap it Up, My Friends!
So you love your wraps, right? And you love the classic chicken caesar wrap... but that may be a little unhealthier than you want if you are trying to eat cleaner. Well, I discovered this recipe from (Instagram) @reclaimedhealthjayde and I’m so excited about it. All of you cute babes should follow her— she gives great advice, and produces some awesome recipes that are both health conscious and delicious. I was pumped when I saw this recipe because I was craving a wrap, but wanted to check in with myself and have a good GUT reaction to what I’m eating! That's when I found this recipe for a healthier twist on the chicken caesar that includes more fiber.
Fiber is one key to a healthy gut. As Jayde explains, constipation is a huge issue in North America— about 63 million people are not eliminating properly! Food high in fiber can help. It lines the GI tract, and cleanses the waste from the colon. Using Jayde’s recommendations for high fiber ingredients, I try to add these types of things in my wraps, but are also easily achieved by using the Unbun Untortilla instead of a flour or corn tortilla. It includes:
- Psyllium husk: This is an amazing herb that is both gluten-free and vegan.
- Pumpkin seeds: Don’t just scoop ‘em out and throw them away! Pumpkin seeds are loaded with valuable nutrients, full of fiber and a great source of antioxidants. Even a small amount can provide healthy fats, magnesium and zinc.
- Coconut flour: The fiber from coconut flour acts as a prebiotic which helps to feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut. It is also gluten and grain-free.
- Chia seeds: One ounce of chia seeds contains nearly 11 grams of fiber which is almost half of your recommended daily amount. The fiber in the seeds absorbs water and expands in the stomach which can help you feel full longer.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids which have anti-inflammatory effects. Flax can also support healthy digestion as it reduces inflammation and protects the GI tract.
Grilled Chicken and Peach Wrap
Ingredients for 2 | Multiply by degree of hunger, divide by number of girlfriends!
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (about 15 pecan halves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
Make chicken marinade by combining the chicken and the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Store in the refrigerator overnight, or at least one hour.
Turn your grill on to medium heat.
Place the chicken breasts on the grill.
Brush the marinade onto the top of the chicken, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Grill the chicken 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
Remove from the grill. Let the chicken rest, then slice.
Place a handful of mixed greens onto the tortilla. Layer the peach, avocado, pecans, basil and balsamic reduction.
Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
Fold in the sides and roll to create a wrap, and cut in half before serving. Secure the wraps with toothpicks to keep them together.
Photo & Recipe Source: https://reclaimedhealth.ca/grilled-chicken-peach-wraps/